Monday, August 23, 2010

Dance and Dessert: Dulcinea Chocolate Café

Today’s post is small and sweet, just like this café is.



After a wonderful walk near English Bay, why not stop for some dessert? There are a lot of restaurants and vendors around the area but I always find myself returning to Dulcinea Chocolate Café.

Pronounced as Dool-see-nay-ah, this cozy Spanish café is a great spot for smaller groups or couples to stop by. As you step into the café, you are greeted by the sweet aroma of chocolate and the warm shades of brown décor. Seating is a limited for big groups so this isn't the best place for crowds of more than six people.


Although they are known more for their drinks, GT and I opted to check out their dessert selection instead. GT had the Xango, pronounced as Changa, which is one of my favourite desserts from this café. I had the Lava Blanca (its pyramid shape amused me).
Xanga $6.10
Warm, crispy flour tortilla wrapped around New York style cheesecake, and topped with caramel, chocolate, or strawberry sauce (taken from menu)
Lava Blanca $6.95
Fluffy chocolate mouse with a Crema Inglesa custard center (taken from menu)
What I love about Dulcinea is how they incorporate culture into their café. They show their appreciation for the local arts by featuring emerging artists who often interact with the café’s guests.

While chatting with their friendly staff, I found that they do special events every Tuesday and Thursday. On Flamenco Tuesday and Salsa Thursday, an on-site instructor introduces guests to these dance types. I think learning something together while having fun is a great way to build chemistry between couples. Give it a try.

Have fun

Dulcinea Website: http://www.dulcineachocolatecafe.ca
Dulcinea Chocolate Cafe on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

I want a blog post featuring JL!

@eeScorpius
Hey Elaine,
I really need to figure out how to get updates when other people comment on my blog. I always seem to miss them until it's really late =( DL and I dropped by the other day to try salsa but we might have got there too early...
Sandy

@JL
JL, Take me out on a date! lolol

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More